Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Radio Interview - Silverfish Featured on MediaCorp's Capital 95.8 FM

After my appearance on Channel 8 News, I was once again invited to appear on a radio station, this time for Capital 95.8 FM.

This station is a Chinese and Mandarin station, and is widely popular among the Singaporean folks who are driving to work every morning, and I happened to appear on the 8.30am slot.

This timeslot is akin to a prime time slot, as most drivers will be tuning in at this time on their way to their offices.

The talk show was led by a very popular local DJ, Ong Tech Chon and assisted by Yi Xin and Vivian. Together, they made me feel very much at ease as this was also my first appearance on radio.

And unlike the news appearance, this was all "live" and I had to also converse in Mandarin, which to me, was quite a tough feat.

On the show itself, they interviewed me on my musical background, and how I got into iPad and GarageBand, and I was more than happy to share my history. This was also pretty much documented in my earlier article on Technorati.

One interesting snippet as Tech Chon challenged me to compose a track based on Durian, and I did in fact do that after the show and presented to him later. He was quite impressed!

They were also kind enough to broadcast my music throughout the show, and that to me, was a great thrill. I never imagined that my music would get aired on radio, and now it has finally come true!

At the end of the day, what came through was how fantastic the 3 DJs were, and how nice they are too off air. We had a chance to have breakfast sometime after that, and Tech Chon, in particular, came across as a very humble and genuine person.

He also has a great fondness for classic food and culture, and I sense that he has a great affinity to preserve this heritage of Singapore culture and goodness. I only hope I can contribute in some small way.

Finally, I leave you with the actual interview itself.

Ian Low Interview by ianlow32

No comments:

Post a Comment