Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Silverfish - My First Album

Originally published in The Silver Chef blog in late June 2011.

In my previous posts, I have always mentioned how much I use the iPhone to take pictures and video, and even edit entire videos on the Apple device. Well, recently I have gotten an iPad ...

And Steve was not wrong when he said that the iPad is a magical device. Yup, it really is amazing at the amount of things you never thought you could, or even wanted to do on this Apple tablet.

And the one app that has fascinated me to no end is Apple's own GarageBand app. I have always had a fondness for making and creating music, but never would I thought that I would be doing it on a tablet!

The thing that impresses me most with GB is that it allows very authentic sounding music and tracks to be created without even plugging real music instruments.

And with that in mind, yours truly now has another project to follow up. The food video chronicles have so far been really satisfying and really a wonderful creative outlet for me. Now, I want to produce an entire soundtrack relating to food.

So, what I hope to accomplish in the next few weeks is to create a CD's worth of music with each track named after a food. That would be really fun and I think, add to what I have been doing on this blog and videos already.

For those of you with iPad who remember how your parents put through music or piano lessons and have not touched music for awhile, I urge you to try out this app. It is really that magical!

Just to give you a sampling, I have already completed 3 tracks, namely Ribeye (simply becos Pauline loves beef!), Lemongrass (an uplifting jaunty tune) and Abalone (oriental balladry). Below is Abalone.

I hope you guys will enjoy it!

Update:

Since my original post on this, things have been moving very quickly as not only have I completed the entire music album, entitled Silverfish, it has also been uploaded and being sold on iTunes, Amazon, Rhapsody and many other music stores worldwide.

I had written another article for Technorati which can be found here http://technorati.com/technology/gadgets/article/creating-the-first-instrumental-food-music/.

And most excitingly, I was featured on Channel 8 news where I was interviewed about the album, my food blog and how iPad can allow music amateurs to create professional sounding music.

No comments:

Post a Comment